Foot baths or foot baths can effectively relieve tiredness, swelling, soften the skin and reduce unsightly areas in just a few minutes and the comfort of your home. When you discover them, you will not be able to pass without them.
One of the best ways to care for your feet naturally is to soak them for a few minutes in a regenerating footbath. They are carried out with the help of essential oils, salts, or herbs that are chosen as needed. In addition to effectively relieving swelling, tiredness, softening the skin, or reducing unsightly areas, the feeling of well-being and relaxation will reverberate throughout the body.
Below are some types of foot baths that you can enjoy in the comfort of your home, being able to choose one or the other taking into account the need for the moment.
- For each footbath, about 5 liters of water is needed.
- All the suggested preparations for each of the footbaths can be purchased at herbalists or pharmacies.
If the day is exhausting, nothing better than starting the day with a foot bath that gives your body maximum energy.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of natural camphor powder. Dissolve in cold water and immerse the feet for 10 minutes.
The dehydration on the feet is very common, especially near the heel, but can also be affected by plant and fingers. Dryness in addition to being unsightly can cause posture problems and even difficulties when walking. If your feet cry out to regain their softness, this is your foot bath.
- Mix ½ glass of wheat germ oil, 3 teaspoons of white clay, and 1 tablespoon of flax germ.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl without water and rub your feet thoroughly, insisting on the driest areas.
- Then very hot water is added keeping the feet submerged for 5 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with warm water.
Sometimes, even paying special attention to foot hygiene, sweating with a very acidic pH requires specific deodorizing treatment. Your feet will be scented throughout the day with the cedar foot bath.
- Pour 10 drops of cedar essential oil in the water intended for the foot bath, which should be very hot.
- Let the feet soak for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with warm water.
Swelling of the feet is a frequent problem caused by poor circulation, which is accompanied in many cases by fluid retention and a feeling of heaviness. The red vine footbath deflates the feet providing an immediate feeling of well-being.
- Pour very hot water into a basin and add 1 tablespoon of red vine mother tincture.
- Leave the feet submerged in the water and rubbing each other for about 5 minutes.
- Finally, it is rinsed with fresh water and carefully dried.
After a tiring day, you will appreciate accessing a state of deep relaxation that invites you to enjoy a restful sleep. Without a doubt, a tangerine footbath is one of the best natural remedies against insomnia.
- Pour 15 drops of tangerine essential oil in a basin with very hot water.
- Before submerging the feet in the water, they are kept 10-15 seconds under a stream of cold water.
- The feet are then soaked for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Finally, dry carefully.
Cardamom footbath for tired feet
If you are one of those who do not stop, and at the end of the day your feet accuse tiredness, nothing better to face fatigue and strengthen your feet than a cardamom footbath :
- Put 10 cardamom berries in a basin with lukewarm water.
- Dip your feet and try to hold and crush the berries with your fingers to cause the essence to escape, with a revitalizing and stimulating effect on muscles and circulation.
- Soak your feet for at least 10 minutes and then carefully dry them with a towel.
Cinnamon Toning Footbath
When your feet feel tired after an exhausting workday, in a basin of warm water, add a handful of coarse salt and 3 tablespoons of cinnamon powder. Dip your feet and stir the water with them, also moving your toes. After 10 minutes, rinse them with almost cold water and dry them carefully with a clean towel.
Your feet, in addition to being soft and smooth, will be completely relaxed and rested.
Special herbal footbath for tired and sore feet
After the race to find the best sales in the chicest stores in the city, your feet may be showing fatigue, feeling sore and uncomfortable. We suggest you enjoy a foot bath to receive that necessary relief that the great is forgotten need so that nothing stops you!
To make the herbal bath that will relieve your tired feet and leave them smooth, soft, and fit, you need :
- 1 handful of chamomile
- 1 handful of pennyroyal-mint
- Some bay leaves
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 2 liters of water
- Heat the water and when it is boiling, remove from the heat and add the chamomile, pennyroyal, and bay leaves. Let stand, strain, and add a pinch of baking soda.
- Pour the infusion into a large basin and add enough hot water to enjoy this relaxing foot bath.
- Do not forget to move your feet and ankles slightly in the water from time to time in circles, and take the opportunity to also move your toes.
- After a few minutes, gently pat your feet dry with a clean towel, not forgetting the areas of skin between your toes.
- Then hydrate them with a few drops of pure sweet almond oil to recover the softness and smoothness of your feet.
- Also, it is recommended that you cover them with cotton socks. You will see the change!
The sage foot baths, despite not having a deodorant effect, manage to regulate perspiration, is especially indicated in those people who stay covered feet for a long time, wear shoes that do not allow sufficient perspiration, or for those who suffer from excessive sweating In the feet.
The sage footbath procedure is very simple :
- Blend a generous handful of fresh sage with a little sparkling mineral water.
- The obtained mixture is applied to the feet, affecting the sole and practicing a gentle massage.
- Then they are immersed in a basin full of water that will be almost cold.
- After 5 minutes, rinse the feet well with hot water and dry them carefully with a clean towel.